The course begins with an 1,100 foot climb. At the top of the climb, you’ll be greeted by a friendly aid station stocked with water and…… CHALLENGE Cards or TIME Cards. You must pick one of these. Challenge cards are challenges you’ll need to perform such as doing a # of push-ups, playing a game of corn hole, singing a Justin Bieber song, or even going back to the start and beginning all over again (yeah, we’re jerks!)! If you choose not to take the challenge (and seriously, who knows a Justin Bieber song let alone wants to sing it!? We have no problem with climbing the mountain again, but seriously, Justin Bieber?!?!?), then you need to take a time card instead. The time cards are completely random and might INCREASE or DECREASE your time. Who knows what your time will be? It’s a risk!
Once you pass the finish line, turn in your challenge or time card with your race bib # for a chance to win one of our AWESOME raffle prizes! If you are the lucky runner to select the “return to start” card AND you actually do it, you’ll automatically win a prize. It’s the least we can do. Really. You’ll have earned it.
Past year’s raffle prizes included:
- 2 Adult lift tickets to Mt. Ashland
- $40 gift certificate to Rogue Ski Shop
- 2 $50 gift certificates to Rogue Valley Runners
- $25 gift card to Oak Tree Bar and Grill
- 6 $15 gift cards to Road ID
- Gift certificates to Ruby’s of Ashland
- Trail Butter yummies
- Tail Wind Endurance drink mix
- Dirt bag runner hats, buffs and koozies
- Dutch Bros drink cards and t-shirts
- Plus 1 can of Caldera Beer to all finishers (21 years and older)
Bring your race bib to Gil’s in Ashland and receive $1 off your pint!
This is a serious 5K not to be taken seriously. Have fun! It’s the FRIENDLIEST!