Adult Race League 2020 – Presented by Omar’s Restaurant
Join us for this year’s Mt. Ashland Race League! Get your team ready today and be prepared to join us for all of the fun this year.
Please join our Race League mailing list to receive an exclusive invitation to this event and stay up-to-date on Race League announcements.
Here are the official rules and information:
- Pre-race registration and information party at Omar’s February 10, 7-9pm.
- Four Friday Nights of Racing 5-7pm: February 21 & 28, March 6 & 13.
- Team of 5 minimum, maximum of 8, $50/person. Sponsored team cost is $300 (sponsored teams can have 5-8 racers).
- Teams cannot be single gender – must be a mix of men & women. Top 4 scores per team each night count (at least one member of each gender will have a countable score).
- Racing goes from 5-7pm each night. Results will be posted in the T-Bar by 8pm.
- Racers must be 21 years of age or older.
- Racers must be pre-registered on a team.
- All participants must sign a Release of Liability to participate.
- No one is allowed to race before a waiver is signed and registration fees are paid.
- Race format will vary.
- Skiers, snowboarders, and monoskiers are welcome.
- Post-Race Party and Trophy Presentation, Thursday, March 19, 7-10pm
- Tell ALL of your friends about this and get them signed up.
Race League Results
|TEAM||WEEK 1||WEEK 2||WEEK 3||WEEK 4||CUMULATIVE|
|The C Team||150.84||4||187.38||3||338.22||3|
|2 Peaches & Some Nuts||177.32||6||218.59||5||395.91||6|
|The Rogue Ones||138.01||1||177.89||1||315.90||1|
|Trish & the Jerry-atrics||155.36||5||207.35||6||362.71||5|
Chris Hald – the Inspiration for Mt. Ashland’s Race League
Chris Hald was an inspiration to many at Mt. Ashland and was a huge supporter of ski racing locally and all along the west coast.
It was in high school that Chris’s love for skiing began as a founding member of the Ashland High School ski team in 1967. His passion for skiing continued to grow throughout life, becoming a certified level 3 ski instructor, Technical Delegate (TD), and member of the Professional Ski Instructors of America.
Chris’s influence in the skiing community could be strongly felt on Mt. Ashland, as well as throughout the Pacific Northwest. He loved the sport and did all that he could to help others learn to love it also, by encouraging and helping others to join ski teams and to pursue coaching positions. He also officiated many ski races at Squaw Valley and surrounding mountains. His jovial presence will be missed. In the most recent years, Chris’s joy was spending time with his daughters while teaching his grandchildren to ski.
Chris passed away on April 21, 2018 at the age of 67.