Do you love Mt. Ashland as much as we do? Join us as a Mountain Host this winter!
We ask our Ski Hosts to agrees to provide 10 weekend days or holidays (of at least 5 hours per day) of volunteer work for Mt. Ashland for the 2017-18 season. In return, we give you a Season Pass!
Ski Hosts do the following at Mt. Ashland:
- Directing guests to facilities, services and providing accurate ski information to them.
- Assisting guests by carrying equipment and other courtesy tasks.
- Performing line control and taking surveys at lift lines.
- Knowledge of all policies, programs, and general information about the mountain so accurate answers can be given to guest’s questions.
- Facilitate Skier and Safety Education programs.
Here are the qualifications for Ski Host Volunteers:
- Complete Guest Service and In-Season Training. Mandatory Training Day: Saturday, December 2, 2017.
- Must be people oriented, with a clear understanding of guest service and its importance in representing Mt. Ashland
- Must be able to work weekend and holiday periods.
- Must possess a good body of knowledge of Mt. Ashland: its facilities, services and operation.
- Able to demonstrate intermediate ski or snowboard ability.
- Be responsible and work without supervision.
- Must be 21 years or older.
Please fill out an online Volunteer Application to get started. Thanks!