Snowsports Manager Job Description and Application
Title: Snowsports Manager Pay Level: 5
Department: Snowsports Department Classification: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
Reporting Level: Director of Guest Services
Job Qualifications: Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Snowsports school environment. Current affiliation with PSIA or AASI and have a Level III Certification preferred; must be able to pass a background check; have a high school degree or equivalent.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and give direction to all Snowsports department employees in compliance with Mt. Ashland policies and procedures and perform duties related to guest services.
- Communicate effectively with Guests and other Mt. Ashland department, employees, supervisors, and managers, including informing the mountain manager and ski patrol of potential hazards or problems.
- Hire, train, and schedule staff for Snowsports School at the start of the season and ongoing throughout the season.
- Electronic documentation, programming and scheduling within multiple software platforms
- Have effective and proper inventory management systems for all supplies and equipment in the Snowsports department.
- Financial responsibility to maintain labor and operational expenses. Follow approved departmental budget and assist with creating the annual department budget as well while ensuring accurate staff timekeeping within payroll software in a timely manner.
- Be able to perform all the tasks asked of supervisors and hourly staff including: setting up and take down of instruction area, coordinating select special event courses, maintain daily documentation of all required Snowsports activities, operations, incidents and accidents.
- Delegation and participation in development, promotion, and processing of school group programs from elementary school groups to college programs as well as single visit groups. Communicate and update all departments on group visit schedules.
- Assist in the development and execution of providing unique opportunities for low-income, disabled, and other people from across our community to become involved with snow sports at Mt. Ashland. Maintain a reporting system that ensures accountability to donors and foundation supporters who support these diversification efforts.
- Attend Mountain Operation Staff Meetings.
- Perform other duties related to the position, or asked by supervisor or upper management.
- Oversee and develop clinics and PSIA certification opportunities
- Perform all major essential job functions
- Complies with and enforces all of Mt. Ashland policies and procedures.
- Report directly to the Director of Guest Services.
Physical Requirements: Work for long periods in outdoor, winter environment as needed, frequently shovel up to 50 lbs. of snow per load to maintain terrain park features, and carrying items up to 75 lbs. to transport equipment and supplies or when instructing Guests, bend at the waist, twist upper body, kneel, crawl, climb, reach above shoulder, have repetitive use of hands, arms and legs as needed, sit, walk or stand 6-8 hours per shift as needed; some of these actions may be required while on skis or a snowboard.
If the above job description is your jam, please fill out the application information below. We will contact qualified applicants to set up an interview soon.